I got in a baking mood this afternoon, started looking at a lot of recipies and threw what I had together. I hope they turn out OK.
The “Everything But the Kitchen Sink” Breakfast Muffin
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- Flax egg (3 Tbsp ground flax mixed with 3 Tbsp water)
- 1 medium shredded carrot
- 3/4 cup keifer
- 1/2 large Fuji apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 coup Bob’s Red Mill Flaxseed Meal
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 2 tsp. cinnamon, 1/2 tsp. nutmeg, 1/2 tsp. ginger
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, 1/3 cup dried cranberries
1. Mix together dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
2. Mix together wet ingredients in a separate mixing bowl.
3. Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in wet ingredients.
4. Stir well.
5. Pour batter into a greased muffin tin.
6. Bake at 350 for 15-18 minutes (until toothpick comes out clean).
The batter tasted yummy ;).
I can’t wait to crumble one of these bad boys on my oats in the morning.
Speaking of baking, Amanda should have received her Blogger Exchange box today, so I’ll post what I sent her. (Amanda: do NOT look at this until you open your box. I don’t want to ruin the surprise!) I rolled with what I like to call “Santa Cookies” because they are so festive, almost like red with white polka dots. Really they are red velvet cookies with white chocolate chips. They are the perfect Christmas cookie, in my opinion.
I made them on my favorite baking pan. It’s an old one that my Mom and I always use when we make cookies. I told my Mom that I really want this pan one day. You just can’t replace some things, you know?
I put them in a cute container with bows 😉 and included some other fun Christmas goodies (a kitchen towel, jingle bells, a candy cane, etc). Gifts are always more fun when there’s lots of little unexpected things involved.
Off they go! I hope that you like them, Amanda.