What’s this you may ask? I don’t have a name yet, but I’ll take suggestions. I was inspired by a few blogs this week…Kath’s egg sandwich on english muffin and Caitlin’s Autumn grilled banana sandwich. Once I got into the kitchen, it just got crazy.
1. I kind of wanted french toast, so I started with 1 Tbsp almond milk with 1/3 cup egg whites and sprinkled some pumpkin pie spice.
2. This is what I soaked 2 pieces of cinnamon raisin Ezekiel bread in before I put them on medium heat in the skillet for 2-3 minutes on each side. Then 1 tsp of Trader Joe’s pumpkin butter went on each piece.
3. I sipped on some Blah Blad Blend coffee while I cooked.
4. I also kind of wanted an egg, so I made one sunny side up. I just discovered this year that I like sunnyside up eggs. I’ve always been a scrambled girl until this year when I saw Runaway Bride with Julia Roberts where she does not know what kind of eggs she likes, and I realized that it was time to branch out.
5. Next, I needed some fruit, so I put a banana in the pan to brown and the sliced it to put on top of my sandwich.
6. And nut butter is essential at breakfast (in case you get so hungry that you forget it!), so I made a sauce for my masterpiece…1 Tbsp of Trader Joe’s peanut flour, 1 tsp Naturally More, almond milk to desired consistency.
Drum roll please…the masterpiece!
I garnished it with some pumpkin. It was so yummy! I really like my oats everyday, but what a fun change!
Then I was off to the gym. One of my best friends was in town to guest teach a sampler of 30 minutes of the Les Mills programs RPM, BodyFlow, BodyStep, and BodyPump. It was a great workout and so amazing to see her. There’s nothing like a great fitness instructor. I love you, K!
(a picture from earlier this summer…we were a sweaty mess today!)
Lunch today consisted of leftovers from last night’s meal with a slice of multigrain boule with roasted red pepper hummus.
ornament organic orange…organic food really does taste better, even if it is a little more expensive!
and my last chocolate cranberry cookie from Clare with some Blah Blah Blend leftover from this morning.
I met up with one of the girls from my small group last year today. We intended to meet at the mall, but I drove for 10 minutes without finding a parking space, so we sat in my car and chatted 😉 She brought me homemade biscotti, which will show up on here tomorrow. I’ve really been wanting to make some. It’s like a Christmas wish that I got some. Anyone have any healthy recipies for biscotti?
Snack time…this may be my new favorite flava! I’m almost out of Larabars and can’t find them on sale anywhere, but I asked for them for Christmas 😉
Then it was off to church. My Mom and sister came tonight, which was very special for me. The sermon was amazing! The Holy Spirit really convicted me tonight that I don’t pray big enough. I need to attempt and pray for the seemingly impossible for God so that He gets all the glory when it happens or if it happens, according to His will. I just want to be obedient to His invitation to join Him where He’s at work. I mean, right now, I really want to be in Charleston, in PA school, and dating, but that’s the world defining me. I’m a failure by the world’s standards…at home, single, with no job or leads for one. I bet God is laughing at my dreams right now as He knows what He can do with me. Y’all stay tuned…He’s up to something in me 😉 I just can’t wait to see how big I should dream for His sake. I know I can’t do it alone on my strength.
We just rolled with leftovers for dinner. On the way home from church, I stopped by Harris Teeter (the closest thing we have to the Whole Foods hot bar in my little town) so I could get a salad since I ate my leftovers for lunch.
I had Greek salad that I doctored up at home with celery, hummus, cucumber, edamame to save $; artichoke hearts; wheatberry salad (I’ve been wanting to try wheatberries…this had golden raisins in it, which added a yummy sweetness); some tofu (y’all know I’ve been wanting to perfect this!); and a calico bean salad. It was a nice treat. I still really miss hot bar, but this was cheaper.
And dessert…gingerbread man and hot cocoa (my usual recipe) with 2 marshmallows for garnish and texture
What are your BIG dreams…outside of your control that seem like you’d never accomplish?