It seems like we’ve all been traveling a lot the past few weeks, so I thought I’d like to post on how I eat on the road.
1. Have gift cards from your Mom so that you can stop for coffee in case you aren’t staying in a hotel 😉 I splurged on Christmas blend…so good!
2. Take your tumbler to save $0.10 at Starbucks and to go green! Plus, it keeps your coffee warm and prevents spillage in the car.
3. I like to pack meals in containers that are almost empty (i.e. yogurt container below for breakfast) so that you can throw them in the recycling and not have so much stuff in the car to wash when you get home…plus, it saves so much money. Grocery stores are great to stop at too, if you don’t have any almost empty containers at home, so you can buy a small portion size.
4. Save spoons from fro yo or soup spoons when you go out or get take out to re-use them for times like these 😉 The fro yo ones are usually pretty colors! Hey, I have to have fun dishes for the road!
I just used the end of a greek yogurt container, crumbled up 2 “Everything But the Kitchen Sink” muffins and a banana.
5. Again, hummus is an easy container to pack, and I packed carrots, edamame, and celery in a container to munch on for lunch. These foods are easy to eat and not really messy. It helps use the produce so you don’t leave it at home to go bad. Luckily, this time of year it’s cold enough to leave this goodness in the car; however, in the summer make sure you pack a freezer bag or ice pack, and I always pack extra plastic silverware so I can throw it away as I go, unless I have somewhere to wash dishes.
5. Apples and Larabars = snack lifesavers!
I tried to have fun backgrounds for the photos…you have to get creative in the car 😉
6. Always pack dessert 😉
Do you have any other ideas?