Good morning, y’all! As much as I was looking forward to that repeat bowl of oats this morning, I am sticking to my goal of stepping out of my comfort zone and trying new things. I was inspired by Ashley’s post entitled “melty gooey chewy bananer oat goodness.” I like all those words! Plus, I had a little more time this morning than most days as I AM TAKING A REST DAY aka doing NOTHING pertaining to exercise, so it’s a good time to take a little extra time to cook.
Get ready for this, y’all!
I’m taking votes for a title for what to call this creation, besides a foodgasm, of course!
- 3 Tbsp rolled oats
- 1 Tbsp ground flax meal
- 1 Tbsp almond milk
- 1/2 smashed banana
- 1 tsp sexy spice aka cinnamon
- splash of maple extract
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- optional peanut flour sauce, cacao nibs and blueberries, for toppings
1. Mash banana until wet with a fork.
2. Mix in all other ingredients until holding together. (It’s essentially a breakfast cookie that you’ll cook…interesting. I LIKE it!)
3. Heat + grease a pan over medium heat.
4. Plop the scramble into the pan and shape into a patty, about 1/2” thick.
5. Cook for about 3min until browned. (The “blob” is easier to mold once it cooks for a little bit.)
6. Toast bread or whatever you want to eat it on, like an english muffin. I just did 1 slice as I wanted mine to be open face 😉
7. Flip + cook until the other side is browned.
8. Put a thin spread of organic mixed berry jam on the toast.
9. Top “cookie” on toast. Slather with peanut flour banana sauce or other nut butter and whatever other toppings you’re feeling. I used cacao nibs and blueberries. WOW! It lived up to all of Ashley’s descriptive words!
And some STRONG half caff…
My cute little helpers…
Now my computer keys are sticky as I ate and typed to get this to y’all. hehe Jets/Colts game was a nailbiter. Lots of football today! What are y’all up to?